8/16/2017 5:03:56 PM
More Members needed for the Media & Events group
After a few months of successful contests and events, the Special Projects Team for Media & Events is looking for some more Members to help out.
Here is a brief rundown of the types of things that you might be involved in as part of the team.
• April Fools' Day Pranks
- ACC is known to go completely silly every April Fools' Day. However, some in the Community aren't too fond of the pranks that the Staff pull. If you feel that your ideas would be better, and if you think that you could help define ideas posted by others, then we would welcome your input. Any ideas not used on one April Fools' Day can always be used on another one.
• Official ACC Newsletter
- We would love to have an ACC Newsletter. However, it needs to be a collaboration between the Staff and the Community so that the news items are balanced. Apply to join this SPT if you can help organise, set-up, and create content for the newsletter
• Official Contests
- There are various types of contests that could be run on ACC, such as keyboard art, room design, pattern, fan-fic, and graphics. These are just a few. We need help not just running the contests, but also need help with new ideas for contests.
• Site Communication
- Some in the Community feel that much is missing in terms of communication from the Staff. If you feel that the Staff don't always know what the Community wants to hear, and have ideas about content which should be posted on the Announcements Board or the ACC Noticeboard, then apply to join this special projects team and make regular suggestions for content that can be communicated.
• Site Events
- These events would be similar to the recent "Halfway through GC" event and the Summer event. We want to hear about ideas for events we could run to engage all, or some of, the Community, and we need help to organise and run the events. The events can be related to Animal Crossing or the site.
• Social Media
- ACC has a Facebook and Twitter account, where we regularly post content. However, you may have ideas about using other types of social media platforms or have ideas about content and styles of posting. If you are a natural with social media, then apply to join the SPT and help grow our online presence.
You don't need to be skillful or interested in all of the above. We are happy to have people who would specialise in one or two of the areas mentioned above.
If something like this interests you, please contact us by sending a private thread to the following people: Devin2600, Dimentio95, wakkitty, yankees24cano
In your PT please let us know what area you'd most likely want to help out with, as well as providing some ideas for events / social media content, etc. We look forward to reading your applications.
6/21/2017 4:10:06 PM
Feature Update 1.14.0
is now live. Since we had to get this update done in time for the Summer Beach Party Event
which started today, we couldn't get more features into this update.
Here are the details of the features that were deployed.
• Banner - Summer Beach Party
: This is a banner for the Home Page to celebrate a Summer Beach Party event being hosted by the Staff and Members that make up the Special Projects Team for Media & Events.
• Character Admin - Add missing data for New Leaf
: There were a few Special Characters and 7 species missing from Character Admin, and these have all now been added. Character Admin is where all the game characters such as special visitors, villagers and non-player town characters, are added. The information then appears in various table and guides on ACC.
• Emotes - Summer Beach Party
: This is a set of tanned emotes wearing sunglasses, and are available to use while the Staff and Members of the Special Projects Team for Media & Events are hosting a Summer Beach Party event.
• Guide - New Leaf April Fools' Day
- The April Fools' Day Guide for New Leaf, found here
, had an incomplete table. Thanks to the Members AC1NL
, the missing data was gathered and the guide has now been completed.
• Guide - New Leaf Island
: The New Leaf Island Guide
is very extensive and large. It has now been made collapsible so that it is presented in easy-to-read chunks.
• Items List - Images
: This feature has added images to the New Leaf Items List
with the help of the Member, Dilpyckle
. Although many pictures were added, we will need help from the Community to get some of the other types of pictures that don't appear in the in-game catalogue. Images such as animal pictures can be acquired from homes in the Happy Home Showcase, but other items can't be pictured that way. Once we've decided which way we'd like to proceed we will make a thread for everyone to submit their images.
• Items List - Welcome amiibo Items Table
: Under the GamePlay
section in the left sidebar, for each game there is an Items List and a Guides section. The items for each Animal Crossing game are listed in the Items List, which is also a section in the Guides menu page. The information listed for items can't currently be sorted and it can only be filtered on name, theme or category. The Welcome amiibo Items Table feature is a new type of table that we've tried out which allows for sorting and filtering on more criteria. It is only for the Welcome amiibo items but the table provides much more information than usual. We hope that this is the first step in a new way we present all data in future. Here is a link to the superb feature
. If you love the functionality of this table, and also love having so much information, please watch out for another announcement soon where we will be asking the Community to help us fill in all gaps we have in our data. This Community Project will ensure more spiffy tables like this in future.
• My Catalog - Alphabetize the information
: In the My Catalog area for all games, the categories at the top of the catalogue page are now shown alphabetically, and so are the themes within a category. The different sections within each category used to appear in theme order or the order they appeared in Nook/ling's catalogue - without having a choice to sort between the two. This update introduces the choice to sort on theme, in Nook/ling's catalogue order, or alphabetically. This update is especially useful for New Leaf, because the alphabetical sorting will make it much easier to fill in the My Catalog, as it can be sorted in the same order as the in-game catalogue. While updating My Catalog, it was decided to remove the DLC category for New Leaf. All items that used to appear there have been redistributed to their proper categories.
These features were brought to you by ACWWFreakazoid
. If you have any queries about the features, please post your questions in this thread
We hope you enjoy the features and also enjoy participating in the Summer Beach Party event.
6/21/2017 7:15:54 AM
Welcome to the Staff and M&E SPT Summer Party!
From now until the 25th you will be able to embark on a series of Tours just like the island in Animal Crossing New Leaf. Those who participate in them will be sent commemorative badges for their profiles at the end of the party!
Find out more information about them, and earn your badges, in these threads:
- Balloon Tour
- Bingo Tour
- Gardening Tour
- Scavenger Hunt Tour
In addition, you can stream live Bingo tours on DaBraxMan's twitch
! The planned times are (ACC time):
6/21 – ACGC – 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
6/23 – ACWW – 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
6/23 – ACCF – 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Happy Summer, and we hope you enjoy the Tours!
6/9/2017 2:10:01 PM
Developers needed for rewrite of ACC
Here's an announcement posted on behalf of the Dev Team Lead, ACWWFreakazoid
We are in the process of attempting to start coding a rewrite of the site. ACC is currently written in ASP, but we are planning on switching to Node.js. As everything will be reworked from the ground up, completing the rewrite will require much work on the part of the Developers. As such, we are looking for anyone with a strong programming background and an interest in the project.
If you feel that you have the requisite experience and a desire to join the team, please send a PT that includes ACWWFreakazoid
, and iolite
. At this time, we are only looking for candidates that have a firm grasp of fundamental programming principles through a language such as Java, C, or C++. Knowledge of Node.js is not
required, simply a willingness to learn it. Please be sure to include all education and job experience you have, the programming languages that you are familiar with, and any examples of your work.
At this stage of development, we are only looking for more experienced programmers. Once development proceeds to a certain stage, we will look to open it up to those that do not possess as strong a background. If you have any questions, please send a PT to ACWWFreakazoid
We look forward to hearing from you.
5/30/2017 9:43:01 AM
VenusKamal Steps Down as Administrator
We regret to announce that VenusKamal
has stepped down from his role as Administrator. We thank him for his many years of service on ACC as a Moderator and an Administrator. He was one of the Modmins who helped shape ACC into a family-friendly site, and this still makes us stand out among many other fansites today. VenusKamal
was a fabulous team player and involved himself in as many discussions as possible, with a fair mind and a kind heart. He will be missed by the Staff.