6/15/2013 8:12:41 AMPattern Maker Fixed!
Many have reported issues using the ACC Pattern Maker. I'm happy to report that these have been fixed, and you should now be able to start sharing your patterns on ACC.
So what are you waiting for? Show us your best work
6/11/2013 10:18:06 AMSite Performance
We have heard reports of -- and experienced for ourselves -- slow load times across the site, especially during peak hours. I have contacted the hosting company, and it looks like there were some issues w/ the switch, and this has been addressed.
So going forward, hopefully the site will be snappier for everyone. I'm sure it still won't be quite to the levels we saw before the release of AC:NL, but it should be much better than it has been over the past couple of days.
Thanks for everyone's patience, and let us know if you continue to see issues with page load speeds.
6/7/2013 6:15:26 PMRecent Update & Upcoming Changes
As recently announced, we've had a features update. Alongside this update there are some other changes being rolled out and discussed.New Leaf
With the New Leaf release being imminent for the majority of members, we'd like to enlist your help if you can tear yourself away from playing. There will be two stickies where Researchers gather information and we'd appreciate anything you can do to add to the content.
• Updating the Villager Guide
- Although this is a thread for all the games, we would prefer New Leaf information as a matter of priority. This will enable us to add villagers to the My Characters portion of the site. Later, it will allow Developers to update the Villager Guide.
• New Leaf items for My Catalog
- This thread will appear shortly and we'd like you to list items that you come across in New Leaf. If possible please provide pictures and other detailed information which will be outlined in the first post.
In addition to information gathering for New Leaf, we've added Dream Codes to the FCR system but there will be further information posted soon about obtaining Dream Codes and/or Town Names.Giveaways, Trading, Shops & Services
Giveaways, Trading, Shops & Services have become quite disorganised over the last few years. Shops have appeared on the Wifi Lobby boards, Trading boards and Patterns board. Members who don't work for Giveaways, Shops and Services have to compete with those companies on the Contests board. Plus Recruitment threads on the Giveaways board and the Services board make it difficult for customers to find threads they need. In an effort to clean everything up we've provided two new boards for Giveaways, Shops and Services. These will appear over the next few days. In addition, there will be the following:
• New Leaf - Restrictions
- There is now a thread
on the Giveaways board and a thread
on the Shops and Services board, both of which outline the restrictions we've placed for New Leaf. There will also soon be a thread on the New Leaf Trading board. These restrictions are for the first year of the North American release of New Leaf.
• Rules and Guidelines
- There is now a thread
on the Giveaways board and a thread
on the Shops and Services board outlining the new rules and guidelines for those boards. There will also soon be a thread on each of the following boards: Promotional Contests; Recruitment; Patterns and all of the Trading boards. In addition, some of these boards will have a Q&A Sticky where you may ask Modmins for further information and advice.
• Services now no longer need to be Service Clubs
where two or more people need to run a service. Instead, a service may be run by one person.
• The Service Clubs board has been renamed to Shops and Services. All Shop threads on any other board will be moved. If they've not been moved by 15th June please contact a Modmin and provide a link to your thread.
• Non-AC Services are now allowed and threads for such services should be posted on the Shops and Services board. Please wait until the rules have been posted before you post any non-AC service threads.
Stories and Fan Fics
There is a new Stories board for general stories. The current fiction board will become an AC Fan Fic board. Once the new rules and guidelines are created for these boards, the second board will be released.Bugs in the latest features update
Despite much testing it's not always possible to see the eventual outcome of an update. Going live brings with it a new set of problems. If you notice any issues or bugs, or if you need help with any of the new features please post in the Features Update 002 - Report Problems & Get Help
Sticky. Before reporting a new problem, be sure to check the second post which will contain a running list of reported issues.
We've already discovered two major problems, one being members having difficulty logging in and another being that patterns can't be submitted
. Since both will be a major inconvenience for many members the Devs will be working on a Bug Fix Update prior to beginning work on the Bell Shop and Features Update 003.
Thank you for your continued support and your patience.
6/7/2013 12:38:53 AMNew ACC Updates in time for Animal Crossing: New Leaf!
I'm excited to announce that we have just launched a new batch of updates, just in time for the release of Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
But first, let me get this out of the way: No Bell Shop updates.
As much as we wanted to get these done, we just didn't have enough time -- or willing developers -- to get this done along w/ the other updates needed for AC:NL. We are planning on it for the next release -- and if you're joining us after getting AC:NL and have a knack for code and want to be a part of the future of ACC -- and the Bell Shop -- please let us know
Now for the good news -- the list of the updates our devs have been hard at work putting together for you guys:Features Update 002New Leaf
• Added New Leaf Trading Board
• Added New Leaf Wifi Lobby Board
• Added New Leaf to My Towns section
• Created space for New Leaf guide on Home Page
• Added New Leaf to the Character Admin page so that members can add characters to the My Characters section
• Added New Leaf to the My Catalog section but due to issues in Beta, this could not
be tested. Any issues with this section will be fixed if necessary in a follow up bug fix update.Posting/Boards
• Flood Control removed for PTs
• Updated a few board descriptions
• Giveaways, Shops and Services restructured
• Access granted to view All Public Threads in one place
• Added a non-AC Stories board which means that the existing one will be for AC Fan Fics onlyBugs/Glitches/Fixes
• 5 x bug fixes applied
• Pi Day emotes were fixed
• Fixes applied to the Trading Post
• Corrected typo on Researcher Staff page
• Fixed Bug with entering games to the FC Tool
• Left margin for the Winter theme needed a fix
• Username alignment on the Staff page for Admins fixed
• Sad femote was a cheesy grin so it's been changed back to sad
• Fixed issue with the ''Please Wait'' button when submitting long postsCommunity Notice Board
• Submission deadlines for contests now show
• Can now show pictures from contest winners
• Alert in left margin will show when a new notice is posted
• Community Notice Board alerts can now be chosen from profileR&D Features & Community
• 5 x massive reorganisation of the R&D dashboard so that work can be done more efficiently
• Site Suggestions and Site Support threads can now be marked when a corresponding thread is created on the R&D dashboard
• No auto-archiving of threads on Site Suggestions/Site Support if the related Dashboard thread is still active and the feature not yet implemented
• Lightbulb next to threads on the Site Suggestions board will now show status of suggested feature. An unlit lightbulb shows that a thread for the idea hasn't been created on the R&D Dashboard. A yellow lightbulb shows that a thread has been created and is in discussion. A green lightbulb shows that the feature has been approved for implementation and a red lightbulb shows that the feature has been rejected.Profile
• Easter Avatars added but can't be viewed or used until the appropriate time
• Festive Avatars added but can't be viewed or used until the appropriate time
• Halloween avatars added but can't be viewed or used until the appropriate time
• Valentine's Day Avatars added but can't be viewed or used until the appropriate time
• April Fool's Day Avatars added but can't be viewed or used until the appropriate time
• New avatar page set up created so that there is a template to use for Bell Shop avatars and backgroundsMisc
• Added CDN to ACC -- hopefully this will speed up everyones experience around the globe!
• Added Mod avatars for newer Mods
• MK7 Community Codes added to the FC page
• 7 x features added which will be used at a later time
• Added jquery to ACC which is an important foundation for the Bell Shop
• Restructured the Friend Code pages. If you go to the ''My Friend Codes'' page and press ''Edit'' in the top right of the page, near the top right of the new page you will now see separate tabs for wifi codes for different consoles. The Admins will need to reorganise some of the games showing there so please be patient. Further changes will also be made to those pages in the next update including a tick box for the 3DS page so that you need enter your console code just once and then tick all the games you have.
6/4/2013 11:38:24 PMAnimal Crossing: New Leaf Releasing This Sunday!
In case you've been living underground with Resetti, you're already well aware that this Sunday -- June 9 -- marks the official release of Animal Crossing: New Leaf for the 3DS. If you don't already have your preorder in, it's not too late.
If you use the following affiliate links, you will secure your copy of the game and/or guide, and some of your purchase will go towards the ACC Amazon Affiliate account.
Of course, if you don't yet have a 3DS, here are the affiliate links where you can purchase those:
Nintendo 3DS XL:
Original Nintendo 3DS: