27,095 bells
 
 
» AC:NH General Board
Topic: new way for blue roses, but efficient?

Page of 1

Toranokami
 
Last Active
10/27 1:47pm
Hi you all,

I´ve got a question. I unexpectedly got my blue rose today... from a bunch of black roses which I kept mostly for nostalgic reasons, and recently started watering again.

After searching some info and a lot more calculating with datamined info, I am pretty confident to understand what happened here and can also rewalk basically all the steps I went to get the blue rose.

The problem is that my math skills aren´t that great, and it would be great if I could go over it all to see if I am not (totally) wrong, especially with probabilities and such...

If anyone is interested, it would be great to find support here. I can post background info as well (google documents, not sure if posting is allowed here) and line out the path that I determined.

Edit: after finding and using a calculating tool within my sources (I am still not sure about the alltogether chances in general though), I  am pretty sure that my way is halfway legit at least.

Here are the steps I think would lead relatively quick and simple to blue roses in ACNH:

1. breed 2 white seed roses together for purple roses
2. breed 2 red seed roses together for black roses
3. breed 1 black and one yellow seed rose to get orange roses
4. breed 1 purple (see step 1) and the orange for special red roses

from here on it gets sticky... there will be two different kinds of reds here and we can´t see which red is which. For us, we have a 75% success rate with the reds that the results we want are coming out in the end though.

5. breed 2 special reds to get special black roses

it gets stickier at this point. if we got the right reds (or at list one of the right reds), we can get one of four different kind of black roses here. there is  kind of a way to test here though:

6. clone the black rose (by watering them separately).

It is absolutely important it never touches any other black rose aside from it´s clone! Only one of four different black roses has the properties we need.

7. breed black rose with it´s clone only. 25% percent chance of blue rose if successful

We can only see if the black rose is successful by first cloning it, than breed it with itself, and only itself. If you breed the first black rose with any other black rose, we will not have a good result. if the original black rose and it´s clone produce a blue rose, the test was successful. We can than clone a few more of these black roses to couple them later to receive a 25 percent chance for blue roses. Otherwise there is another 50 percent chance for an exact copy of the black rose which again needs to by tested by cloning though. After all, there is also a 25 percent chance the resulting black rose is not usable (tests are necessary here). Still, it is a relatively simple way to get a 25 % flower to the blue rose in the end.

What do you guys think about it? I would be thankful for any thoughts and input to it. Sorry for any spelling mistakes I made, it is late where I am now...
Signature--------------
Everything imaginable by mankind may one day actually exist.
veni, vidi, distuli - I came, I saw, I procrastinated ~ me
Bells: 22,500 Catalog: 0 Feedback: 0 WiFi:  (0) Patterns: 0  
StarlitGlitch
 
Name
Star
ACNH Town
Dream Code
4566-8343-1965
Last Active
2:49am
That's interesting!

Actually when I got my first blue rose I thought that it wasn't possible because I didn't have the right reds there. I can't recall exactly what had happened...

That'd be great if this method works!
Signature--------------
Starry, starry night... Paint your palette blue and grey
AC YouTube channel
Bells: 383,100 Catalog: 0 Feedback: 0 WiFi:  (2) Patterns: 1  
Toranokami
 
Last Active
10/27 1:47pm
The path itself is pretty solid, as it is the classic way to get the special reds. Technically, you already have a direct (minimal) chance to a blue rose from this point. I merely added two steps here, to save and test the black roses in addition, as we have the poossibility to raise the chance from marginally (1,56 something %) to 25% percent with the right black rose.

It might still take a while, as the chances for getting black roses are not so high already. And than you need to get the right one too, which is pretty low as well (here, i couldn´t say HOW low the chance is exactly.  All I know is, it might take a while). In my opinion though, the waiting time is worth it.
Signature--------------
Everything imaginable by mankind may one day actually exist.
veni, vidi, distuli - I came, I saw, I procrastinated ~ me
Bells: 22,500 Catalog: 0 Feedback: 0 WiFi:  (0) Patterns: 0  
AC:NH General Board » Topic: new way for blue roses, but efficient?

Page of 1


Legend:   Site Owner    Administrator    Moderator    Researcher    Developer    Scout    New Member   Honorary Citizen   Birthday