30,365 bells
 
 
» AC:PC General Board
Topic: Repetition and Keeping Interest

Page of 1

Bara_no_uta
 
Name
Elsa
ACNL Town
Last Active
4/5 8:03pm
Does anyone have advice on how to help the game feel less repetitive? I've got things that I'm aiming for (catalog completion, as always) but it's hard for me to keep up my level of interest in the game for an extended period of time. I took a brief break from it between the New Year's event and Rover event, but even when I came back after around a week of not playing it still felt repetitive. Moreover... the events at this point also feel repetitive, because they're one after another. And I know that's meant to add variety, but for me personally it misses the mark -- it feels more repetitive for me when there's event after event.

I'm wondering what other people do to keep their interest in the game. There have been other free-to-play games I've abandoned due to the nonstop events, and I don't want ACPC to go that way for me.
Bells: 62,100 Catalog: 0 Feedback: 0 WiFi:  (5) Patterns: 0  
DFB
 
Name
Ty
ACNL Town
Last Active
10:33am
It’s about as repetitive as the console and handheld games yet it’s still fun for me. *shrugs*
Signature--------------
I set the laser printer on Stun
Fall down, go boom
Bells: 660,700 Catalog: 140 Feedback: 0 WiFi:  (80) Patterns: 0  
WestonCarrie
 
Name
Carrie
ACNL Town
Last Active
8/17 1:45pm
I think it's more repetitive, since you're constantly having to do the "quest rounds" every three hours during events for the special craft items or flower seeds.  It's also repetitive even without events if you're trying to level up the campers and get the regular crafting items.  It's just catch bugs/fish and collect fruit/seashells, repeat.

There are long-term goals I'm working toward - catalog completion, which includes growing all those hybrids.  But even gardening gets repetitive.

All the non-stop events is great on the one hand, since it does add variety and special things to collect, but the core gameplay is very limited and repetitive.

I took a day off yesterday for the first time, and it was refreshing be able to tell myself that I didn't HAVE to play.  Taking more frequent, shorter breaks might be a good idea.  That's what I plan to do.  We'll see if it helps with the tedium I've been feeling lately with the game.
Signature--------------
Carrie in AC:PC
Bells: 215,400 Catalog: 4000 Feedback: 0 WiFi:  (38) Patterns: 0 Pocket Camp ID: 1616 7567 603  
forgottenpixel
 
Name
Andrea
ACNL Town
Last Active
8:38am
I find the game really relaxing to play 90% of the time. The other 10% I would say I find it exciting to play (events usually). I don't think there's anything you can do to escape the repetitive nature of this game. That's what it (and all AC games IMO) bases itself on. The higher the level (I am 61 now) the more repetitive it gets because almost everything takes longer to achieve. 72 hour builds, 2 character level upgrades a week (if you're super active) and just more of the same. You'll also need keep plugging away for essences because you'll need tons to max out amenities, You'll get too much steel and wood, and not enough cotton and paper - so again? You have to wait it out.

Now could you buy your way to 'complete' the game as it stands today? Pretty much yes. But if you need to buy everything  - this is not the game for you. And whatever you would pay if you had to, to buy this game - say $60? You will far, FAR spend more than a hundred or so on it. Hundreds.

But my best suggestion for you would to be to only play it once or twice a week and that's it. That way the repetitiveness won't have a chance to ruin the game for you as much.
Signature--------------
AC:PC: It's not a game. It's a lifestyle. Oh, it's just me? ;0)
Active (daily+) requests only please!
Bells: 378,200 Catalog: 0 Feedback: 0 WiFi:  (119) Patterns: 0 Pocket Camp ID: 9380 9455 285  
AC:PC General Board » Topic: Repetition and Keeping Interest

Page of 1


Legend:   Site Owner    Administrator    Moderator    Researcher    Developer    Scout    New Member   Honorary Citizen   Birthday