Please post here if you find any issues with the following features released as part of 1.12.0. Thanks. 1.12.0 - March • Yellow and Orange Avatar Backgrounds - Previously the yellow background color was a mix between orange and yellow. It has now been split into two distinct orange and yellow backgrounds.
• Indigo and Pink Avatar Backgrounds - These two colors have been added as color options for the avatar background designs.
• Normalized Avatar Borders - Previously the style of the avatar borders was inconsistent. All avatars now have a 1 pixel black border.
• Welcome amiibo Avatars - The characters added as part of the Welcome amiibo update for New Leaf are now available in the NL avatars. This includes Sanrio villagers and those from non-AC amiibo.
• Ability to Hide Invited Users List - Previously the owner of a PT had to scroll past the list of invited users in order to post. That list is now hidden by default for easier access to the message box and can be expanded if desired. Stats about the invited users have also been added.
• Show Users Being Added to a PT - Previously users being newly added to a PT were indistinguishable from those already invited. Now they show up in their own section in the invited users list. Pending additions can also be cancelled up until the post is submitted.
• Flag Links - Previously flagging a thread in someone else's My Threads would take you to your own My Threads. Now it keeps you on that user's My Threads.
• [code][/code] Markup - This is a newly added markup tag. Any markup between the opening and closing tags will not be processed. For example, [code][color=blue][b]Text[/b][/color][/code] will appear as [color=blue][b]Text[/b][/color].
• April Fools Day Info - April Fools Day Information for the villagers added in the Welcome amiibo update for New Leaf has been added to the April Fools Day Guide as well as some missing information about the original villagers.
• Welcome amiibo Items - The new items included in the Welcome amiibo update for New Leaf have been added to the item database and you are now able to add them to your catalog.
•NL Cookie Guide - The Welcome amiibo update to New Leaf added 7 new fortunes. This guide has been updated to include them.
•Top Bells - A new link has been added under AC Community where a list of user Bell totals and jackpots can be found. This ranking also now appears in profiles and next to your Bell count under My ACC.
• "Last Post:" Link in Profile - Previously this link led to the first post of the thread being linked to. Now it leads to the exact message posted.
• Game IDs in New Character Page - For those members with multiple towns with the same name for different games it could be difficult to determine which town a new character was being added to. The short name of the game corresponding to that town now appears next to the town name in the drop-down list.
• New Winter Banner - Jingle was previously featured in the banner all winter long. In order to mark the end of the festive season, a new banner without him has been uploaded that will be displayed during January and February.
*Rugby tackles Devin2600 and pedro_collins*
^ Because they copied my signature! And they threw donuts at me! :(
Not an error per se, but the update times on the bell rankings list are given as (for example) 1:44, with no indication as to AM or PM. If this is military-time based, that makes sense, but none of the rest of ACC is, so it seems inconsistent.
"Honesty's the best policy" but that's all moot:
Everybody loves kind lies to hearing harsh truths.
I don't mean to be nitpicky, but the minimize/expand button next to ACC Buddies isn't in the same position as the one next to ACC Staff and ACC WiFi (it's too far to the left). I don't know if it's always been like this, or if it just happened. (I'm just trying to help, this doesn't have to be changed unless you want to. )
The bell that rings inside your mind is challenging the doors of time!
Aurora - I've changed that. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Asho - There was no way to co-ordinate the announcement with the update this time. It sometimes happens with people working in different time zones. However, a Dev always posts updates on the ACC Noticeboard and Site Support board.
Gabe - I'll put that forward to the Devs.
Liz - You're welcome!
Dylan - I'm not 100% sure why the button is not lining up, but I have a vague memory of this being brought up before. I can't remember if it was taken care of though, and whether this is a new issue. I'll check.
Bill - ACC 2.0 is an extremely large project. Although a Dev was working on setting it up as a project, it still would just be bare bones. Actually having it as a working site will be a long time yet, and will need a fair few Devs working on it. In the meantime, we can only bring features and updates to this version of ACC. The reason why you are seeing so many updates is also because we are doing smaller amounts in a single deployment, and we've got a couple of Devs able to devote a lot of time at the moment.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult ~ Cherbear
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there ~Carroll
I checked some screencaps I took mid-2016, and the buddies button was positioned at the same position as it is now. So, this isn't v1.12.0 's doing.
Gabe, what you see is the 24-hour clock. I agree it may not be consistent with the rest of the site. However, the Jackpots list shows a long list of times, and in that list the 24-hour clock is used because the alternating AMs and PMs would distract from the numbers. In my opinion, the list is clearer using the 24-hour clock. So, the Top Bells feature is internally consistent in displaying the time.
Tiptoe through the window, by the window, that is where I'll be
Come tiptoe through the tulips with me
"I checked some screencaps I took mid-2016, and the buddies button was positioned at the same position as it is now. So, this isn't v1.12.0 's doing."
Okay, thanks for the info! If agreed on, this shouldn't be too difficult to change.
Yesterday while I was browsing ACC I noticed that when I clicked on "Last Post" in Amrasje's profile, it did not take me directly to his post. Copy and paste the link below to see what happened (I'm not linking to it in case the video suggestions/pictures on the right are inappropriate):
However, after clearing my cookies and cache, this doesn't happen to me anymore. I think it might have just been a problem on my computer that was resolved by clearing the cookies and cache, but I just thought I'd let you know just in case someone else has experienced this.
Amrasje would also like me to note that he encountered a problem with the new PT system. He says that in the link I'm about to post below, it "shows that there is 1 user to add, however there aren't actually any users to add to the thread. It should say "0 to add" instead."
(I'm not directly linking to it for the same reason as above).
Have a great day!
The bell that rings inside your mind is challenging the doors of time!