The Animal Crossing: New Leaf update is NOW LIVE and is free to download over on the Nintendo e-shop! Here is some of the biggest news if you missed it:
• Using Wisp's Lamp, you can summon any Animal Crossing characters by tapping your amiibo cards to your 3DS or NFC Reader. A new wave of amiibo cards "Animal Crossing: Welcome amiibo" is releasing just for this update, and includes 50 new villagers never before seen in Animal Crossing! These villagers will then visit you with their RV at the Campground, run by the new character, Harvey! If you become close enough with the villagers, you can ask them to move to your town!
• Scanning normal amiibo will make those characters visit you at the Campground and you can buy exclusive items from their RV's.
• The update also comes with a new "amiibo Camera" feature. Similar to the camera feature in Nintendo's mobile game "Miitomo".
• There are some new Mini Games! Including "Puzzle League" and "Desert Island Escape" (a game ported from amiibo Festival). These can be played by having the "Wii U" or "3DS" in-game items.
• Introducing a new currency: Meow Coupons! Earn Meow Coupons by participating in daily and weekly initiatives. Collect these coupons by going to the new CAT Machine (Coupon Allocating Terminal) outside of Town Hall. Use these coupons to obtain items at the Campground.
• There is now a "Secret Storeroom" which is an "invisible closet" for you to store items. Head over to Nook Homes to learn more.
• Lottie is also now in New Leaf! You can link your physical or digital version of the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer game to Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo to gain access to 20 giant furniture items only available in Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. You can also move furniture in your house just like in Happy Home Designer!
• Club Tortimer now has a “Turn Chat Off” capability.
• You can now sell your town to Tom Nook. Upon doing so he will offer you bells based on how far along your town is. After selling your town you will have to begin a new town, but you will start off with the bells in the new game!
• CROSSOVER TIME: Splatoon is now in Animal Crossing! Tap any Splatoon amiibo for special villagers to visit. Some special villagers include Cece (by scanning Marie) and Viché (by scanning Callie). The Legend of Zelda is also in Animal Crossing! Tap amiibo from any of the previous or new Zelda amiibo series (coming Dec. 2nd) and you can visit Wolf Link, Medli, Ganon, and Epona! Their RV's (for both crossovers) will also contain new items that you can purchase with Meow Coupons.
This is all the information I gathered, so if I forgot anything please post below. Who's excited to get started?
*Rugby Tackles pedro_collins & ACWWFreakazoid*
^ Because they copied my signature!And they threw cake at me! :(