We have some updates going live tonight at some time after 10:45pm. In this latest update, number 1.9.0, there will be the following additions for the Community:
• GameCube Bug Guide - This will show images of bugs again. The image links were broken in a previous update.
• GameCube Fish Guide - This will show images of fish again. The image links were broken in a previous update.
• GameCube Tree Guide - This is a new guide for GameCube.
• GameCube Turnip Guide - This is a new guide for GameCube and replaces the guide which was previously a sticky.
• New Leaf Face Guide - This will show some amendments with graphics, centering, and information.
• New Leaf Halloween Guide - This guide is currently a sticky on the NL General board and will be added tonight to the New Leaf static guides section.
• New Leaf Redd's Artwork Guide - This will be a new guide depicting Redd's Artwork. The guide isn't complete with all the images yet and more will be added in a future update.
• Sort Ability for Threads - From tonight, you will be able to click on the column headings for threads on the boards and this will change the order in which threads are displayed.
• Prevent Autocomplete in Profile Passwords - When editing profiles, if autocomplete has been used to login, you have to delete your password from the password change field. This should no longer happen.
• Avatars - Happy Home Designer avatars will be added. These are separate to the temporary Halloween avatars which also should be appearing for use during the spooky season.
• Avatar Backgrounds - There will also be some new avatar backgrounds for everyone to use. These are separate to the temporary Halloween avatar backgrounds which should be appearing for use soon.
• Post Numbers - Posts will be numbered from tonight. This will make it easier for everyone to identify a post, and can help those on mobile devices that can't copy and paste but wish to reply to specific posts.
• Series 3 & 4 Amiibo Cards - Images will be added for Series 3 and 4 of the Amiibo Cards.
• Game ID in My Characters Page - The My Characters page, lists all the characters you have chosen to add on ACC to show which characters you have in your Animal Crossing towns. However, there is no indication which Animal Crossing game each character belongs to. Shortly, you will be able to see GC, WW, CF, NL or HHD next to the characters.
If you have any issues with any of these updates, please post here.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult ~ Cherbear
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there ~Carroll
Hmm.. What's really odd is that bullet points that have already been posted in the past load fine. Hopefully we can fix the issue, but in the meantime I'll try to see if any other symbols aren't working as the profiles already don't work with some as is.
"Am I missing something that stops it changing back?"
Different boards have different default sorting schemes. Once you start sorting, those changes only apply for as long as you continue to browse that particular board. This is because we always want stickies to be at the top on public boards so that people know that they're there. If you have any comments about how a particular board starts out sorted, definitely let us know.
"I also notice that we can no longer use certain special characters, for example the bullet point (which our templates are full of) comes up like so..."
Yes, ACC's quirkiness has struck again. We're not quite sure what's caused this to happen. Until we figure it out, it's probably best to avoid submitting anything with special characters. A good general rule of thumb is probably to only use characters that are directly on your keyboard.
*Rugby tackles Devin2600 and pedro_collins*
^ Because they copied my signature! And they threw donuts at me! :(
It was just with my flagged threads, I find it a bit confusing and untidy having the stickies scattered, when I'm used to them being at the top. It's no big deal if that's how they're going to be though, I just unflagged all the stickies I had accumulated.
Thank you all for the work you put into these updates.
I'm still having an issue with the special characters. However, it's only happening when I'm using the - character.
It happened this morning (after the update saying it was fixed) when I tried updating a giveaway thread. For example, it should have read something like;
Leximo - 5 Blue Pansies (10/31)
But it read;
Leximo â€¢ 5 Blue Pansies (10/31)
The same thing still happens when I send out a delivery PT stating my times. It changes the - to â€¢. It's not every time but I thought I should post it here since it's still happening for me after the update.
EDIT: Ah, my apologies. Been a while since I've poked around the boards, so I'll keep an eye out for more appropriate threads from here out.
Can't determine if I can edit my last post, but seems the "Amethyst Tee" is what should be the "Amethyst Tank". In the shop, in the inventory, and in the catalog in-game, all give it as "amethyst tank".
Updating title with 1.10.0 and 1.11.0. The features deployed in these updates are listed below. Please let us know of any problems, and also feel free to post your queries.
1.10.0 - November • GameCube Tools Guide - This is an update to an existing guide which was previously only about Golden Tools. We've improved upon the part about Golden Tools, and also added in useful information about the regular tools.
• Images for New Leaf Welcome amiibo cards - You can find these by scrolling down the page and looking for the Gameplay section in the left margin. In that section you will see a link called amiibo Cards. Click on that link to be taken to a new page with two search options. The first search option is a drop down list, and you can choose New Leaf Welcome amiibo there. If you wish to look at all the cards available, ignore the second box called Name/Theme/Series and, click on the blue Search box.
• New Leaf April Fool's Day Guide - This guide explains April Fools' Day in New Leaf, and contains only the birthday and favorite saying of the villagers because this is all we could verify in-game from the villager pictures. Please post on this thread on the Site Support board if you can verify the rest of the information, specifically special talent, dream job and number of siblings. Please also post there with the same type of information for the Welcome amiibo villagers and we can use that for a future Villager Guide.
• New Leaf Island Guide - This is an in-depth guide about the Island, starting with how to unlock it, and moving on to how to use it, what each Special Character is there for, what items are available to purchase with medals, and the amenities. The guide also contains very useful information for Club Tortimer users, giving plenty of advice on how to deal with different types of situations that may be encountered.
• New Leaf Island Extras Guide - The Island needed its own guide, and so did the Island Tours. However, since there is so much more information to share, we've added an Island Extras Guide too. This guide contains handy information on which tours you can go on to pick fruit and flowers, or catch bugs and fish, all of which you can bring back to your town to use, sell or donate.
• New Leaf Island Tours Guide - This guide already existed in the Guides section but some of the information was updated and some was made clearer.
• New Leaf Mushroom Guide - Everything you need to know about Mushrooms in New Leaf is in this guide. It covers the November mushrooms, and also the special tree stumps that attract mushrooms all year round.
• New Leaf Snowpeople Guide - This is an extensive guide covering everything you need to know about building snowpeople and obtaining the special items that are on offer during snow season.
1.11.0 - December • Amendment to Adoption Page - The option to be adopted by a Scout runs out after two weeks of joining. However, the top of the page still showed the word "Congratulations!". This has now changed to "We're Sorry!".
• Link to profile from Friend Code requests - Whenever a friend code request is received, an alert appears in the left margin in the My ACC section. The actual alert is a link to one of the Friend Code pages. Once on this page, if you wishe to check the profile of the person requesting the Friend Code exchange the natural action to take is to click on the username. However, doing this used to lead only to the Wifi ratings for that person, and not their profile. Now, the username links to the profile of the Member, and the stars under the ratings section link to their ratings. In addition, the same changes have been applied to the My Friend Codes page where names are listed of all the people with whom friend codes have already been exchanged.
• New Leaf Badge Guide - Everything you need to know about obtaining badges from Phineas is in this guide.
• New Leaf Bug Guide - This is a snazzy new look for this type of guide, and the bug guides for the other Animal Crossing games will likely be updated in a similar style. This guide contains handy tables showing you which bugs are available in the game and when, what they look like, where they can be caught, and how much they sell for.
• New Leaf Cookie Guide - This guide covers both types of cookies available in New Leaf - those from Redd, and those from the Nooklings. New cookies available in Welcome amiibo have also been added.
• New Leaf Festivale Guide - The Festivale Guide covers all aspects of playing Festivale, catching feathers, and obtaining the Pavé furniture items.
• New Leaf Fish Guide - This is a new look for this type of guide, and the fish guides for the other Animal Crossing games will likely be updated in a similar style. This guide contains handy tables showing you which fish are available in the game and when, what they look like, where they can be caught, and how much they sell for.
• New Leaf Island Tours Guide - This guide already existed in the Guides section and was a very long page to scroll through. A feature that was deployed in 1.9.0 was applied to this guide and this cuts out the lengthy page. Instead, the information is presented in smaller pieces and you can choose what is displayed by clicking on the buttons at the top of the guide.
• New Leaf Seafood Guide - This guide contains handy tables showing you which seafood are available in the game and when, what they look like, and how much they sell for.
• New Leaf Shampoodle's Guide - This is the Shampoodle's Guide for New Leaf. Please note that a feature that was deployed in 1.9.0 is being used in this guide. Instead of having a long guide to scroll through, the information is presented in smaller pieces and you can choose what is displayed by clicking on the buttons at the top of the guide.
• New Leaf Toy Day Guide - This guide contains everything you need to know to prepare for Toy Day, and ensure that your villagers receive the presents they most desire.
• Welcome amiibo villager residents added to My Town - In the My Towns section of the site, you can show information pertinent to your town, and this includes showing which villagers reside there. We've added the Welcome amiibo villagers to the page so that you can show which ones are in your town. To show which villagers you have in your town, click on the My Towns link in the left margin. On the My Towns page, in the blue bar showing your town name you will see Town Edit Links » preceding the following links Info | Tune | Residents | Museum | PWPs | ACC Users. Click on Residents and you will be taken to a page listing all the residents that can possibly move into a New Leaf town. Select the residents in your town, then scroll down and click on Save Changes.
• Wifi Rating Stars to be more obvious when clickable - Those who wifi usually get wifi ratings which are shown as orange stars. Some of these wifi ratings are clickable and take you to a wifi ratings page, but it hasn't always been obvious which stars are clickable. Now, the cursor changes from an arrow to a hand icon when hovering over clickable wifi rating stars.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult ~ Cherbear
If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there ~Carroll
I'd like to add that the Island Tour guide now describes two tours that were missing before, and that for the Elite Scavenger tour, pictures of the layouts of the possible houses have been added. This may help making this tour easier, because some of the items in the houses look much alike.
The New Leaf April Fool's Day guide has been updated for the Welcome amiibo update. Almost all of the new villagers (50 Welcome amiibo, 6 Sanrio and 8 non-AC villagers) have their birthday and picture quote added to the table at the bottom of the guide. This will allow people to get their pictures at April Fool's day: just talk to the twin villagers until they ask you for a birthday or a picture quote, and success is guaranteed! Only two possible villagers are missing: Filly and Holden, because we don't have their pictures to retrieve the data from.