I'm eagerly awaiting an announcement for the next game in the Animal Crossing franchise and was wondering what everyone is hoping/wanting for the next AC game! Feel free to use this thread to share your hopes and wishes for changes in the next game! What should they add? What should they take out? What should they change? Would you rather it be on a 3DS or WiiU (though they will probably follow the pattern and put it on the WiiU) but what are your thoughts?
-Staff Post (5/4/2016 8:35:05 AM) This post violated the following rule: 2.1 Posting on the Wrong Board
Moving thread from AC Discussion - AC:NL General to AC Discussion - General AC Discussion.
I just want them to fix the grass wear, the villager moving issues and rotating the PWP. The bridge problems should be fixed.
With only 10 villagers why does the game have 11 move outs in one month. That is far too many moveouts. Events and birthdays should be off limit for movers. A rumor of villager moving that is celebrating her birthday shouldn't happen.
Vacation mode would help. Right now I have a town frozen because I don't have time play all of my towns. Add the catalog from HHD but fix it. Some items were hard to find in the catalog. It would be nice to click on the clothing after you bought it and wear it. Or put a set of clothes together by using favorite. Disney Magical World had some items that you could favorite so you didn't waste time looking for them.
Let the QR clothing count as a lucky item of the day. Maybe have a QR clothing of the month that we vote on and it goes in our collection.
When a new villager arrives you meet them at the train station or in their house. Instead of the boxes and waiting the next day you spend the day with them helping them unbox their items. Allow us to give them a housewarming present.
Different trees, shrubs, fruit and flowers. PWP on the beach would be nice.
I wish the next game could be on both systems. They did it with smash brothers. I would love to play on the go, switch to the WiiU and play the game on the big screen. All your game progress shows up on the WiiU. I want to catch a scorpion on the Big Screen TV.
While I wait I'm going to enjoy time in ACNL. It doesn't matter what system the next game is going to be on. I'm buying it and will preorder it as soon as I can.
2.3 billion bells Town Victoria Name Mcnugget
Town Lazytown/ Stitch Town Lolly/ Stitch 2 Town Reality/ Queenbee
There should be a "vacation setting" so you can let the game know when you're going to leave for an extended amount of time. During the "vacation" dates, villagers don't move in or out. Weeds might still grow, but not as rapidly as they would without vacation.
~*Gracie's Fashion Runway*~ Presents:
-//Fashion Forward//- Custom QR Code Design Service -OPEN UNTIL May 7th-
I wish there was ways to combine parts of a few of the AC games. I love ACGC for the animal conversations. I Love ACWW for the fact turnips don't go bad, the true animal hobby system, and the fact you actually have to EARN animal photos.
Then there's factors that are in ACNL that i want back but improved on. The idea of fruit stacking is great but i wish it'd be bigger bunches and expand to more items. The Mortgages have to either be way less or at least there being more efficient ways of money making. When it comes to the island, there needs to be more medals to earn in the games, a way to save on the island, and a beach hut of some sort for personal use.
And overall, i want a lot more to keep me going in game.
Am seeking new people to add to my System for Swap doodle.
I just really want a double layered town again. I know NL kinda has that, but it's not the same because the extra layer is just the beach. So yeah, that would be great and it would also make the town feel bigger as it feels so small in NL!
"I want the villagers to be programmed with artificial intelligence, so they'll be more interesting. Then they can actually talk with you without it being the same pre-programmed sayings over and over."
ugh i've been thinking about something like this since NL came out.
i'm pretty sure it has the least villager dialogue out of all the animal crossing games. and animals are a big selling point of the game?! but they're so boring to me, they don't have an awful lot to say.
- instead of waiting for a villager to ping! to run an errand or when they want to trade, you can literally just ask them. i wish they would bring something like that back! it would be much more simple compared to running around town twenty times before you get a ping! from an animal.
- also, in relation to happy home designer sort of thing, why not work part time in a shop of your choosing, or design a shop of your own? i know you can work at the coffee shop in new leaf, but you could be a trader in the next game and find a town to settle down in and set up shop! like a coffee shop, a furniture shop (like ReTail but run by you), or a gardening store? or even a fashion designer? something! you get requests from villagers when you DO work, but it won't take up all of your time. you get to set how much you work, and what projects you take on. idk, i don't think i'd want to be mayor in the next game. definitely something different to mix it up.
- grass wear fix! or just take it away altogether. i've hated it for years
- more "in between" holidays, or bringing back old events (like the flea market from AC:WW, or the raffle at the end of every month in AC:GC.)
i had a bunch of other ideas but i mean, i think i've ranted enough for one post
edit: oh! almost forgot. this is a personal thing but i wish there was more things to do on your birthday. for me, my birthday is super special and yeah new leaf added a lot more stuff, but it would be nice if the animals reacted more to it, or shopkeepers would give some sort of birthday discount or something! the birthday party is a nice touch, but then everyone just seems to forget about it (or so i can remember, i haven't played new leaf in a longgg time).
This is such a good discussion topic! ? In the next ac game I think the gameplay of NL and hhd should be mashed all into one! Choices of where villagers plot. We should be allowed to plant trees and bushes wherever we want (next to buildings, rovers, on the beach, in water,etc.) without there having to be a gap/break after 12. We can place pwp where ever we want. We can place flowers in rivers, ponds etc.A higher maximum of how many villagers can live in our town. Longer characters for names. So basically I'd love a game that combines acnl and achhd all in one, that adds the impossibilities of nl like (choosing plots, planting/placing pwp anywhere we want) and makes them possible
I would like to see more interaction with non-villager NPCs like the Able sisters, Tom Nook, etc. That's one of the things I like about Happy Home Designer—the fact that you get to interact with the shopkeepers and stuff on a more "personal" level, if that makes sense. It would be nice to be able to go into the Able sisters' store, for example, and have one of the dialogue options along with the usual business stuff when you talk to them be "What's up?" or "How are you?" or something like that. They could talk to you about their lives the way the villagers do, and maybe even ask you to run errands for them from time to time (like maybe Harriet left her new pair of scissors on Sable's sewing machine table when she came by earlier to show them off, and Sable sheepishly asks you if you would mind returning them to her since Harriet must be getting worried about them by now, and Sable's so busy with work she just can't get away to do it herself). What if they had their own little mini-area of town off of Main Street that's blocked off at the beginning of the game, and the reward for befriending those NPCs was to unlock that area so you could go visit them at their houses? It would be just like the main part of your town where you and the villagers live, only it would be smaller and it wouldn't have the train station, Re-Tail, fossils, Bell rock, or gemstone rock. But it would still have a river, a small beach, and maybe a pond or two so you could go fishing and collect seashells, the same kind of flowers that grow in the main part of town so you could catch bugs, and it would have trees that grow your native fruit, plus regular trees you can shake Bells, furniture, or beehives out of. It might even have floating present balloons. The grass type would be the same as in the main part of town, and all of the villager houses would be for characters like Isabelle and Digby.
Also, what if one day you were out walking around your town, and all of a sudden you see a UFO flying overhead? Thinking Gulliver has decided to become an astronaut again, you pull out your slingshot and shoot the UFO down and go to the crash site, only to discover that there is an actual alien walking around! When you talk to him, he tells you he comes from a faraway planet that Gulliver accidentally discovered (actually, he crashed into it) while he was an astronaut, and because he and the alien had so much in common, namely being major klutzes, they became best friends. When Gulliver left to go back home, he told the alien he would come back and visit him soon. But, Gulliver's UFO was crashed and damaged so many times it got to the point where he couldn't fix it to work anymore, so he never did go back and visit his friend. The alien got worried, namely because he doesn't have any friends on his home planet and he was starting to wonder if Gulliver was just a dream, so he tried to contact Gulliver through various ways (he might be the alien you see on T.V. at 4a.m.). When that didn't work, he decided to set out in his own UFO and look for him. That's what brought him to your town. The alien tells you he's flown all over your town and hasn't seen Gulliver anywhere, but the next place he was going to search was *insert name of friend's town you recently Wi-Fi'ed with here*. Since it'll take him awhile to fix his UFO, the alien asks you if you have any friends in that town, and if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you ask them to search their town for Gulliver? If you agree and talk to your friend and they search their town, they should be able to find Gulliver washed up on the beach. After waking him up and playing the game where you help him remember where he was going, your friend can tell Gulliver about the alien and lead him to the train station and bring him to your town. The alien and Gulliver reunite, and Gulliver tells the alien he was just on his way to wherever when he fell overboard again. The alien has fixed his UFO by now, and offers to take Gulliver the rest of the way and they can hang out once they get there. Gulliver enthusiastically agrees, and they both thank you and your friend before boarding the UFO and flying off. The next day, whoever had the alien in their town will get a letter and a random piece of rare alien furniture or something from him, and whoever had Gulliver in their town will get a letter and a piece of rare furniture from him.
^ A smile to brighten up your day!
I think it would be nice to be able to give some input on your town. Maybe not 100% in control but something like choose the fruit OR grass pattern OR station color but not all?
Being able to request villagers, like maybe put a want ad, "Looking for Uchi," "All frogs welcome," "Too many boys in this town, where are the ladies at?" I had 3 of the Jock villagers move in my NL game basically back-to-back and it's my least favorite personality.
Along those lines, a newspaper would be cool. The bulletin board is okay but I miss having a diary a little bit.
A roommate option would be awesome, sometimes when villagers visit they joke about moving in and I wish they could.
I agree more non-villager NPC development. I loved the story arcs in City Folk.
Wouldn't it be cool if you could design your town or city before you move there? Instead of giving you a random town or having you pick from a few different maps, you could pick out a map that has a single or double layer from that it gives you many options for how you want your map's river to run. Then you can drag and drop where you want the current homes and buildings to sit. Like the mayor's office and the retail shop. You wouldn't be able to move the train station away from the wall, but you could decide where along the walls of the city that the station is located.
Drag and drop paths. I'm a big path user for my town and it would be cool to say pick a path block and then drag it across the screen. It can show red like in Zoo Tycoon where you can't place the path like if a tree is in the way. Also, no accidentally kicking the path away. There can be an option to manually remove the path. And maybe there's different sound effects you could attach to the path. It's a bit distracting for me to place down a brick path and hear grass as I run by. Not a big deal, but eh. It would be nice for me. I could see that being too much for some people though, so it could be optional.
Drag and drop public works projects instead of having Isabelle follow you around to find a place. It'll take up much much less time and be overall much easier.
Stores! Much like in HHD, I love getting to make a school and restaurants. You could even work there to get a little extra bells. They play with it in the coffee shop, so I could see them doing this in the next game with more stores. There could be fun minigames where you have to find the outfit the villager wants with a twenty questions game or pick out the food they want based on their current mood. That would be so much fun in my opinion!
And basically a lot of what others have said. In general, mush NL and HHD together. Pretty much everything they do in HHD would be implemented into the new game. I feel like they used this game to test the waters with some new features.
I'd also love to see villagers with more varied dialog. It's distracting to have two normals in your village and they say the same thing. It wouldn't have to be WIDELY varied, but maybe some more species or interest specific discussions? Like how in HHD we make a home based on what they're interested in. Wouldn't it be cool to have discussions with the villagers about these interests?
There was an Animal Crossing app just announced by Nintendo that will be coming up soon! It won't be a full game, Nintendo has said it will be an application feature to be compatible with a certain AC game, but they haven't announced which game it will be used with which could possibly hint at a future installment in-progress.
~*Gracie's Fashion Runway*~ Presents:
-//Fashion Forward//- Custom QR Code Design Service -OPEN UNTIL May 7th-
okay no one mentioned the fish or the bugs or the dive stuff well i believe there should be over 600 catchable things .your town should be giant like 10x the size. there should be rain forest , deserts , hills .i like the double layers idea again. there should be 5 methods of catching stuff atleast. there should be a pet store and what fish you catch or bugs or dive stuff you can order from the pet store. more reptiles, amphibians , sharks. i think you should when you dive you can catch a shark and be able to raise it to full size. and have custom fish tanks. and you can turn rooms in your house to like for example i want a rain forest room. i can let those bugs free in that room and have a pond in the room full of rain forest fish and make fish like the whale shark and oar fish have bigger tanks they need like a whole room aleast. and should have lizards . pond and land turtles sea turtles and the sting ray tank needs a fix more rays more eels . i could do this for hours but im done for now nintendo read our ideas please #bestideasintheworld
I'm not sure I'd want a town to be THAT big. 10x is pretty excessive. Too much upkeep. A bit bigger would be nice though! Also, can't say I'm a fan of different zones in the town like rain forests. That would get in the way of people who like to customize their towns with paths such as myself. What if I don't want a rainforest area? Well I'm sort of stuck with it now. I think I'm okay with just the grassy town area and a beach. That doesn't mean we couldn't maybe travel out to other places like that though. Much like the island. The island is always summer, so maybe we can have islands that are always winter or fall or spring.
Not sure I feel about a pet store. The idea of having a pet store in Animal Crossing seems.... sort of slave tradey XD Then again, there's hamster cages and cat posts for sale, so maybe I'm wrong.
I have quite a few ideas. Here's what I can remember at the moment:
1. Pickaxe. A pickaxe can be bought after your Nook/Nookilings Store upgrades for the first time (the same time as when you can get your slingshot). It costs 500 Bells and it is used to break rocks. When a rock is broken, all money contained within it drops on the ground at once and the rock is gone (possibly leaving shards that would have to be dug up like a tree stump). There would be Silver and Gold versions which would cause rocks to drop ores or potentially double the amount of Bells respectively though I'm not sure how they would be obtained. You can destroy as many rocks as you want per day but only one will drop Bells/ores. New rocks will be added in on the next day to replace the ones that were destroyed. The reason I suggest this is because it would allow players to get rid of rocks that are in inconvenient areas.
2. Photo Album. It stores photos of villagers and special characters and is organized alphabetically. It can be placed on the floor or on a surface. It would be helpful since having lots of photos can take up way too much space.
3. Let us pick where villagers build their houses. Everyone wants this so I think that it's about time that it got added in.
4. Each map gets its own code. If you find a layout you like on the internet, you can enter its code when you create a new town and you'll get that layout. It's better than resetting a bunch of times to hopefully get a layout that works.
5. Gloves and Bodysuits. These would be new types of clothes to add more customization to an outfit. Gloves cover only the hands while Bodysuits cover the entire body aside from the head (essentially replacing every item of clothing aside from Hats/Helmets and Accessories).
6. Custom Accessories, Pants, Socks, Shoes, Gloves, and Bodysuits. Why not? Let us customize anything. Also, we should be able to specify Pants versus Shorts and Sleveless versus Short Sleeves versus Long Sleeves for Shirts.
7. New clear pixels can be used in patterns. These pixels would be invisible and would let us see through them (to either the ground if used as a path or to skin if used as clothing though with obvious restrictions)
8. Allow us to move non-demolishable PWP's. If we can't tear them down, at least let us move them so that if we regret our choice, we can put them in a better spot.
9. More customization for Hair and Eyes. I was really disappointed that I couldn't have bold red eyes so I hope this gets fixed. I also wouldn't mind Male characters being able to have those wide shiny eyes that only Female characters get to have.
10. If a Special Character gives out a Furniture Set, make him/her give it out in a sequence. I hate when I have to try over and over and over again to get that one item in a set that I don't have. Random orders are a nuisance and there's really no need for them.
11. Ability to give your town a "Mature" setting with less restrictions on what can be entered as a Town Name, Greeting, Catchphrase, or Nickname. I know that many kids play this series but there are adults too and adults often get annoyed by all of the censorship. The Mature setting is something that can be toggled within Parental Controls and anyone whose town does not have a Mature setting cannot visit a town with a Mature setting.
12. Have both Copper and Booker at once. That was one change from CF to NL that was a bad one.
13. Lawnmowers to instantly remove grass instead of having erosion. Not many people like erosion but a Lawnmower can be used to make dirt paths. To return the dirt path to normal, plant flowers and trees and walk on it as infrequently as possible.
14. No more dirt patches that can't be fixed. They're just plain ugly and it's annoying to see them since they can really ruin the look of an otherwise beautiful town.
15. More ordinances and maybe enact two at once. I'm thinking of a Bargain Town where everything costs and sells for 20% less as well as a Materialistic Town that generates twice the amount of clothing and furniture but also generates a lot more trash and weeds. Also, certain ordinances can't be enacted alongside each other (Early Bird and Night Owl can't combine since villagers need their sleep, Wealthy Town and Bargain Town would just cancel each other out and same for Beautiful Town and Materialistic Town).
16. Villagers that like you less are more likely to move out and vice versa. This is so much better than whatever determines if a villager will move out in the existing games. It lets us keep our favorites and get rid of ones we don't like.
That's all for now but I'm sure that I'll think of more after I post this since that's always what happens.
Longer character limits when naming your characters and town. Being named Stephanie, its one letter too long so I have to either cut it to Stephani or Steph. Its not too major, just a bit annoying for people with longer names.
I'd love more dialogue for the villagers, it gets boring fast when they say the same things over and over. Also, make the cranky and snooty villagers rude again!
Keep the design features of HHD.
Maybe when a new villager moves in, we can talk to them in the train station first and help them choose a place to put their house. They could say "I want a house overlooking the beach" and then you can find them a spot. But it would be like the design requests in HHD, you dont have to stick to them so you can place their house wherever you want.
Remember how the bulletin board used to have those cute little random messages in Wild World? I want that back.
Did you see the flares in the sky?