At a Nintendo Direct presentation in Japan today, a host of new features for the new Animal Crossing game were released.
• The new megaphone item allows you to shout at fellow residents using the 3DS microphone when it's equipped, as well as a phone booth where you can take photos of your character to use on your player license in a variety of poses.
• Tom Nook's store will be present, of course, as well as other shops run by his offspring. There's also a new store run by Kicks the skunk specializing in footwear called "Shoe Shank."
• The Museum will have a sushi bar operating out of the Aquarium. Hmm...
• A brand new building, Club 444, has been introduced, where resident DJ K.K. Slider will put on live gigs. Slider will perform remixed NES tunes for you to get down to here, alongside his acoustic songs of old. There's also a cool light show.
• A new mini map, which will hopefully prevent you getting lost in the midst of the multiple shopping districts
• You can buy garden furniture to make the outside of your abode just as appealing as the interior.
• You now have the ability to build and customize your own roads, and you also have more choice when adding rooms to your house.
• The ability to watch stand-up comedy shows, where you'll be able to input your reaction to the various jokes.
• A campsite where you can visit with passing animals.
• New details about the game's StreetPass mode were also revealed. We already knew that you'll be able to check out your friend's houses via StreetPass, but it looks like you'll also be able to explore their entire town via something called Dream Mode
• The game will also have its own Tropical Island, where you can play mini games with up to four friends.
You can watch the presentation, all 47 minutes of it, in Japanese here: