This board is for posting fictional stories and fan fiction. Neither have to be about Animal Crossing. We will assess this over the next few months and may either move this board to the Off-Topic forum or create another board for non-AC stories and fan fiction while keeping this board solely for Animal Crossing fan fiction.
In addition to the Site Rules, we feel it is necessary to add these:
• Keep it clean - Rule 1.2 - Offensive Content clearly states what is not permitted. Rule 1.14 - Topics Not Allowed clearly states that controversial topics are to be kept in private threads. Please bear this in mind at all times, specifically with regards romance, same gender relationships and violence.
» Romantic content - It is fine to write about how characters feel, as long as it does not break any rules and is not between two characters of the same gender. Any romantic physical expressions in stories and fan fictions needs to be mild. For example, it is fine to mention a romantic kiss, but it's not okay to go into the details of the physical aspects of that kiss. Emotional aspects of a kiss are also allowed but ensure you don't dwell too much on this and it is in context of the plot.
» Violent content - Mentioning a violent act is allowed to a certain extent. It is fine to kill off a character, as long as there is no graphic description accompanying it. As before, please ensure that you are not breaking any rules." Remember that ACC is a family-friendly site so when it comes to aspects in your story that have the potential to stray into territory that isn't family-friendly, think along the lines of how the popular Fairy Tales and Disney films portray romance and violence. Remember too that if you are not sure of what is acceptable, you may ask Modmins in the Stories and Fan Fiction Board - Q & A thread.
The Modmins reserve the right to determine whether violent or romantic content in any stories and fan fics is acceptable, or whether it crosses the line into inappropriate territory. Any stories or fan fics that have graphic depictions of violent acts or have detailed descriptions of physical aspects of romance, sexual content and/or innuendo, will be locked.
• Only post fictional stories - If you want to talk about actual events in a game, please post on the appropriate board. If you are not sure which board to post on, please ask on this Sticky on the Site Support board.
• Co-Authoring - If more than one person is involved in writing a story or Fan Fic, please ensure that only one of the co-authors posts every chapter. Having two or more people posting chapters will only encourage other members not familiar to the board, to also post chapters in your thread.
• RPGs - While we appreciate that Role Playing Games can be great stories too, they are not allowed on this board as they are a game. Please therefore keep RPGs on the Forum Games board.
• Advertising - Please don't post an advertisement thread or send out mass PTs to advertise your story or fan fic. You may however advertise in your signature and in your profile. You may also advertise your story or fan fic in the Stories and Fan Fiction Advertising sticky on this board but may only link to threads on this board.
• Thread titles - Please keep Rule 2.7 - Drawing Excessive Attention in mind. Do not try and draw attention to your thread by decorating the thread title with special characters or all capital letters. You are permitted to use a single character to separate pieces of information in the title.
• Constructive Criticism - If you are reading a story or fan fiction and wish to offer constructive criticism, please be polite. Remember that flaming and trolling will not be tolerated.
Please note that we will be monitoring this board. If the new policy simply encourages a multitude of inappropriate stories and fan fictions, the policy will change to disallow all romance and all violence.
Signature-------------- Team j.a.d.e.r. If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there ~Carroll