7/16/2014 3:09:49 AM
Release 002b is Live!
After a lot of hard work by our development team and the rest of the staff, we have launched Release 002b! There are a lot of changes in this release, some small, some big, and all super awesome. For those curious, this release amounted to a whopping total of 4235 files changed (across 293 commits)!
So without further adieu, here is the complete list of changes:
(Note: as always, if you have any questions or run into issues, please post them on the Site Support sticky
• ACC Noticeboard - Responses
- Fix issue where members can't respond to notices that accept responses.
• ACC Noticeboard - Text
- Change information on ACC Noticeboard to detail how to subscribe to and block notices.
• Application Forms
- Increase characters allowed in applications from 8,000 to 12,000.
• April's Fools - 2015
- April Fool's features for 2015.
• Avatars - Conversion
- Convert from gif to png.
• Avatars - Festive
- Festive avatars for Community.
• Avatars - Halloween
- Halloween avatars for Community.
- Fix mislabelled avatars and avatar backgrounds.
• Boards - FanFic
- Change to a Creative Writing board where game diaries can also be posted.
• Boards - General AC
- Remove lesser used boards such as Town Tunes, Character Discussions and Patterns. Replace with a General AC board where all general AC topics can be discussed, including future AC games.
• Boards - New Leaf Trading
- Replace single board with two trading boards for New Leaf. One for villager trading and one for item trading.
• Boards - Special Projects
- Add in a non-Staff board where specially invited members will be able to help define future features for ACC. This is related to what was announced earlier in the year that we would be asking some of the Community to help further with Bell Shop discussions.
• Bugs & Fixes
- 9 x major issues fixed.
• Character Admin - Personalities
- Add new personalities for NL villagers.
• Friend Codes - Consoles
- Add in other consoles to Friend Code pages.
• Friend Codes - Deleted Characters
- Ensure deleted characters are removed from the Wifi page.
• Guide: CF - Fishing Information
- Correct info on CF Fishing Guide static page.
• Guide: GC - Bugs
- Add Bug guide.
• Guide: GC - Fish
- Add Fish guide.
• Guide: NL - Faces
- Add guide to show how to obtain desired faces for new characters.
• Guide: NL - Hybrids
- Add Hybrid guide.
• Guide: NL - Island Tours
- Add mini-guide for island games.
• Guide: NL - Town Ordinances
- Add mini guide about Town Ordinances.
• Guides - Pictures
- Fix error causing all images to be broken in the GC, WW and CF item guides due to CDN changes.
• Home Page - CF Info
- Correct CF info on home page which shows CF as the latest AC release.
• Home Page - Events Calendar
- Fix bug preventing New Leaf info from appearing in the Events Calendar.
• Home Page - Wifi Info
- Remove mention of Wifi on Home Page for CF and WW.
• Item Admin - Categories
- Add in new categories to the Admin page so that NL items can be added correctly.
• Item Admin - Pictures for WW
- Add in a category for pictures in the WW catalogue. Currently the pictures are in Miscellaneous and actual miscellaneous items are missing.
• Item Admin - Themes
- Fix issue where new themes can't be added to Item Admin (and therefore the item catalog).
• Left Margin - Birthdays
- Show Birthday candle on a Buddy List and Staff List.
• Left Margin - Buddy/Wifi
- The Wifi & Buddy Lists have minimise/expand buttons which take you to other pages. The buttons will now just minimise or expand the lists but the headings will take you to the wifi or buddy pages.
• Left Margin - Staff
- Add a Staff List below the Buddy List so that members can easily see which Staff are online and don't need to use their Buddy List capacity to add Staff members. List can be expanded or minimised.
• Logging In - Issue
- Fix log in issues. (already live)
• My Catalog - NL
Categories are showing in one column instead of four columns, thus stretching the page.
• My Characters - Bed Location
- Remove bed location for CF and NL towns.
• My Towns - Bulletin Board
- Amend typo on Bulletin Board.
• My Towns - Fruit Glitch
- Fix glitch where Museum page info is wiped out by adding town fruit info.
• My Towns - Maps
- Add CF Maps.
• My Towns - Museum
- Fix Museum page for CF and NL.
• My Towns - New Leaf
- Revamp the page.
• Pattern GIFs
- Generate pattern GIFs using ASP.
• Pattern Maker - Submissions
- Fix issue with submitting patterns. (already live)
• Posting - Images
- Allow posting of ACC icons.
• Profile - Birthday
- Age in profile increases the day before a birthday. Change this so that age changes on the day of a birthday.
• Profile - Countries List
- Fix errors in countries list in profile.
• Staff Fixes
- 10 x fixes/amendments for Staff tools/views.
• Unix-Style Line Feeds
- Check for Unix-style line feeds.
• User Ticket - Submissions
- Amend typo shown when submitting user tickets.
• Wifi - Ratings
- Fix issue where members are unable to leave Wifi ratings when using a 3DS.
Additionall, we are making the following change to our ToS:
Rule 2.5 Bumping Threads and Rule 2.13 - Duplicate Threads/Posts have both been removed. Instead, Rule 1.6 for Spamming has been updated and will cover the two rules that were removed. The new wording for the Spamming rule is as follows:
"It will be considered Spamming if you: make posts that are unrelated to the board or thread topic; post nonsense comments on any thread; post nonsense threads on any board; respond to spam/nonsense threads; stretch the page horizontally or vertically; post several characters or emotes without any meaningful comments and not for the purpose of artwork; intentionally post multiple copies of the same thread on the same board; post only the word ''bump'' to bump a thread; or repeatedly post on a topic if the post does not add anything of value to the thread. While we understand that certain threads require multiple posts because of the nature of the boards, such as the WiFi Lobby, Trading, Forum Games, Contests, Giveaways, and Shops and Services, excessive posting that adds no value or meaning to the thread will be considered spamming. Keeping all of the above in mind, each thread owner is allowed to constructively bump their thread once an hour. Be sure to check for and review any board specific rules that may alter this time table for allowed thread bumps."
7/15/2014 9:37:44 PM
Unexpected and Unpredictable Outages
A quick heads-up, I'm working on automating our release process for the next release (tonight or tomorrow, depending on how many problems I run into).
What does this mean?
The site may come down for short-to-long-ish periods without warning. So please bear with us tonight as we get this process in place. It'll be worth it in the long run!
6/9/2014 1:04:30 PM
Expiration of New Leaf Restrictions for Giveaways & Shops and Services Boards
Today, Monday, June 9th, 2014, will mark the last day that Animal Crossing: New Leaf restrictions for the Giveaways board and the Shops and Services board will be in effect. That means that tomorrow, Tuesday, June 10th, 2014
, there will no longer
be any NL restrictions. The Modmin team want to thank the entire Giveaways and Service Club community for complying with these restrictions for an entire year. It was not always easy by any means. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We saw many in this sector of the ACC community come up with many creative ways to promote their companies while adhering to the restrictions. Kudos to you all
With the end of the restrictions, many are wondering what this will mean for New Leaf Giveaways and Services. Below are some of the major impacts the expiration of the restrictions will have:
• Hybrid distribution
- Offers of hybrid flowers will be allowed. Existing companies may incorporate these into their current offers or new Hybrid Shops and Giveaway companies may be started.
• Non-catalog orderable items
- All normally obtained items in NL that are not ordereable from the Nookling catalog will be allowed. This means tools, balloons, fossils, special event items, Gracie furniture etc. may be offered by companies.
• Multiples of non-catalog orderable items
- Offers of multiples of any non-catalog orderable item will be allowed. This means multiples of the same flower, fruit, shell, fossils, balloons, furniture etc. may be offered.
• Items per order limit increased
- Up to 100 items per customer request will be allowed for New Leaf items.
Please remember that each board will still have Rules and Guidelines
sticky threads to which all companies
must adhere. Please be sure to review those threads as they will be amended and re-posted on June 10th.
If you have questions regarding the upcoming changes, you may post in either the Q & A for New Rules and Guidelines - Giveaways
or Q & A for New Rules and Guidelines - Shops and Services
6/8/2014 6:52:43 PM
Board and Markup changes
The upcoming Bug Fix update consists of many features, changes and fixes. However, two are of importance and warrant an announcement prior to release.Board Changes
Since Nintendo have cut off their WiFi network for Wild World and City Folk, the related wifi boards on ACC have been removed from view. These boards are:
AC:CF Wifi Lobby
AC:WW Wifi Lobby
The threads currently on these boards will either be locked or allowed to archive.
We appreciate that there may be some unofficial wifi networks in future and we are currently discussing whether other boards may be used in place of the removed boards. These boards will be part of the upcoming bug fix update.
This update will also see the removal of boards that are rarely used, such as the Town Tunes board. However, we appreciate that some members still have an interest in certain topics and therefore a new General board has been created to replace most of the removed boards.
For now, please use all existing boards normally. We will take care of moving threads onto new boards at the appropriate time.Markup Changes
As part of the constant security updates, the Developers have had to change the way markup is allowed to work on ACC. This means that if you currently use templates for markup you will likely be affected the most. Below are some examples and quotes from the Developer Team Lead, GoldenCelebi
. Please check your templates against the examples provided, and change your templates accordingly.You will no longer be able to have an opening or closing markup tag without using the corresponding closing or opening tag.
So, your markup templates should [b][i]ideally look like this[/i][/b]
However, [b][i]this will still work[/b][/i]
because each opening tag has a closing tag.
According to GoldenCelebi
, the most common issues members will experience are likely to be one of the following:
Typically, if people want to share markup with each other, they do it like this:
[b[/i]]This makes bold text![/[/i]b]
That won't work any more, because the [/i] tags that they've added to stop the markup from 'working' have no matching [i] tags. To get it working properly, they'll need to do this:
[b[i][/i]]This makes bold text![/[i][/i]b]
Sometimes, people try to indent posts or profile entries with the [bl] or [bq] tags. That also won't work, unless the tags are properly closed with [/bl] or [/bq] at the end of the post or profile entry.
3. Making a whole post bold, italic etc.
Like the indentation, it can be fixed by closing the tags properly at the end of a post."
Although the markup changes mostly affect templates, some posts using templates will also be affected - depending on how markup is used. If you run a competition thread or a Giveaway thread, it is possible that your older posts containing markup may not look pleasant once the bug fix goes live. It may therefore be advisable to create new threads once you've ensured your updated markup templates follow the new method.
At present, we don't have a date for when we will go live but we are aiming for this month. Please therefore check your markup and templates as soon as possible. If you have any queries regarding markup, please ask the Modmins for help on the Markup Sticky located on the Site Support board.
5/6/2014 6:13:24 PM
Restrictions For DLC Not Yet Released By Nintendo
Some DLC (Downloadable Content) items have been making the rounds on ACC and other websites before said items officially have been released by Nintendo. Powersave
allows manipulation of save data for 3DS titles which in turn allows access to event items not normally available in games. For New Leaf this means some have gained access to, and exchanged items intended for a DLC release by Nintendo.
After some discussion, the ACC Staff has decided to disallow
the exchange of any New Leaf DLC items that have not yet officially been released
What this means is that we are asking those who are currently trading, auctioning, requesting, or offering any of the below items to stop immediately. Please lock your threads, suspend your trades, or adjust your giveaway/shop promotions and/or request-able items. Over the next few days, the Modmins will be looking over the boards and lock any threads seen to be exchanging these items. Any threads posted before this announcement will be locked without issue of a notification. Any thread posted after this announcement that is exchanging/requesting the below items are subject to UL notification.
Once a DLC item has been released by Nintendo, it is then free to be exchanged here on ACC. Some known availability dates have been included in the list below. Again, please don't exchange these items until they have been made available via Nintendo. You may use this announcement to keep tabs on which items are currently disallowed. We will update this list as needed, so you may want to flag this announcement for future reference. Certainly, if you have a reliable source that gives a release date, you may contact an ACC staff member and we'll update accordingly.DLC Items Yet To Be Released
• Gemini Closet - 5/21 - 6/21 • Cancer Table - 6/22 - 7/22
• Leo Sculpture - 7/23 - 8/22
• Virgo Harp - 8/23 - 9/22
• Libra Scale - 9/23- 10/23
• Scorpio Lamp - 10/24 - 11/22
• Blue Argyle Tank - ???
• Kimbap Plate - ???
• Red Horned Hat - 6/13/2014 (Korea) • White School Cap - 5/14/2014 (Korea)***
Please note that, although the Blue Argyle Tank
is unreleased DLC, the Blue Argyle Shirt
and Blue Argyle Tee
are just normal items and thus free to be exchanged on ACC. ***
Any questions or concerns can be directed to a Moderator or Admin.